Jennifer B. Furey
21 Custom House Street
Boston, MA 02110
Jennifer B. Furey is a partner in the firm who concentrates her practice in intellectual property litigation and business litigation.
A seasoned litigator, Jennifer’s experience coupled with her diverse client base has provided her with an intuitive understanding of her client’s industry goals, allowing her to deliver efficient and successful results to clients facing complex, high-stakes litigation matters.
Jennifer and her team proudly represent a broad range of clients, including the following:
- An international apparel and shoe company in trademark infringement litigation concerning Michael Jordan’s induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame – Jennifer and her team prevailed on summary judgment.
- An international manufacturer of medical devices in ongoing litigation concerning patent infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets – Jennifer and her team successfully brought a motion to disqualify the plaintiff’s counsel, Fish & Richardson.
- An international manufacturer of medical devices in ongoing litigation with a competitor concerning trademark infringement and breach of contract – Jennifer and her team secured a preliminary injunction, which included a court ordered recall of the infringing packaging. Jennifer’s team also successfully defended motions to stay the injunction brought both in the federal district court and in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
- A leading manufacturer of protective adhesive films for electronic devices in patent infringement litigation.
- A telecommunications company in ongoing multi-district litigation against 23 defendants concerning infringement of a patent related to a system for interconnecting standard telephony equipment to internet protocol networks.
- An owner of nationwide travel centers in litigation concerning the theft of millions of dollars in pharmaceutical cargo from tractor trailers. Jennifer and her team prevailed in a jury trial in the Southern District of New York.
- An international real estate investment trust in litigation concerning the development of a large parcel of land in Boston’s Seaport district - Jennifer and her team prevailed at trial and secured a judgment which included an award of attorneys’ fees for the client. They also defeated a motion to stay judgment pending appeal, which appeal was subsequently withdrawn.
- The owner of an automobile dealership chain in litigation involving a former shareholder – Jennifer and her team defeated a motion for preliminary injunction and prevailed on summary judgment.
- An international hotel chain in class action litigation concerning alleged wage act violations – Jennifer and her team prevailed on summary judgment and secured a favorable settlement.
- A major manufacturer of fluid sealing devices – Jennifer and her team brought a successful motion to dismiss in a precedent setting decision regarding the extra-territorial application of the Massachusetts Wage Act.